We are continuing on the diet wean just in case we do end up going ahead with surgery soon, and now have O down to 2.75:1. If we keep going at this rate, he will be off the diet by the end of November. I have mixed feelings about weaning off of the diet. While I worry a great deal about possible seizure increases and changes as we wean, I also don't want to have to deal with the diet--and the risks it could pose--if he does have surgery. Right now we have a tentative surgical date set for mid-December. Whether or not he actually has surgery on that date may depend on whether or not we'll end up having to travel elsewhere for a 3rd opinion.
We've had a pretty rough month trying to get all of this surgery and diet stuff figured out while also trying to keep up with work and the day to day stuff (Ryan and Otis spent the entire past week sick with a nasty cough...BOOOO), but we are managing to find some smiles and sunny spots too:
1 comment:
These videos make me smile. You guys are a beautiful family! I pray for you all often and wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment